The last time we checked into a hotel, the desk clerk asked us if we wanted smoking or non-smoking. Fair question. I said smoking. Then she went on a rant about how horrible it is for your health and well-being. She had no idea that I wasn’t talking about cigarettes. I brought along my new smoker, which I used inside. It’s crazy how people can misinterpret Something so simple.￼￼￼ Hey, where am I?
Seriously, I did burn my house down because I put my smoker too close to the house. Here I thought I was doing the right thing. See? This is why I never do the right thing. It always seems to blow up in my face, which the smoker did. So did my landlord. I only mention that because he reads his blog and will get a kick out of it.
I didn’t know that you were supposed to put water in with the wood chips, so they caught on fire and as I tried to get them out of the smoker they ignited the deck. I can’t believe how fast That house went up in flames. The good news is before the fire department got there I was able to use the smoke from the house to finish my brisket. It was delicious!￼￼￼￼￼